Building Regs Legislation 2010
The Building Regulations are made up of:
Procedural regulations that set out what kind of work needs Building Regulations approval and how that approval should be obtained
Technical requirements that set the standards that should be achieved by the building work.
An overview of the technical requirements can be found on this site, but the Regulations themselves (see below) should be consulted for the details and to ensure your obligations under them are understood.
The Building Regulations 2010 (SI 2010/2214)
- The Building Regulations etc (Amendment) (No.2) Regulations 2013 (SI2013/1959) and wc attorney comes into force as set out in the regulations
- The Building (Amendment) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/1105), comes into force on the 3 July 2013
- The Building Regulations etc (Amendment) 2013 (SI 2013/181), and correction slip, came into force on 5 February 2013
- The Building Regulations etc (Amendment) 2012 (SI 2012/3119), and correction slip to come into force at various times in 2013
- The Building (Amendment) Regulations 2012(SI 2012/718)
- The Building (Amendment) Regulations 2011(SI 2011/1515) came into force on the 15 July 2011 and should be read in conjunction with Building Regulations 2010.
The Department uses one or both of Circular and Divisional Circular letters, which can be viewed on the .gov.uk website to help to explain the regulations.
The Building Regulations 2000 and all amendments were revoked from 1 October 2010, and are therefore no longer in existence.